Burgundy Blog Launch

After the success of The Purple Empire and more recently, Ash Brownies, i had my arm (very easily) twisted into creating and designing a new blog for the beautiful Duke of Burgundy butterfly. The ideas and principles are the same: WE NEED YOU to contribute your sightings, photographs, trip reports etc from around the UK. With the flight period fast approaching (April/May) - hopefully with more favourable weather than all this snow we've been having! - now is a fantastic time to join the blog. As long as its Duke of Burgundy related, we want to know about it!

If you're interested in getting involved, please email Neil Hulme at nh@nhulme.eclipse.co.uk and you will receive an email inviting you to join the blog. If this email does not appear in your inbox, please check your spam folder. All you have to do is click on the link provided in the email and follow the easy instructions to sign up. You can write a new post by signing in at blogger.com. Do get in touch if anyone encounters any problems!


The stunning Duke of Burgundy - courtesy of Iain H Leach.

Heres hoping for a Bumper Burgundy year :)


4 comments:

Blog is a great idea Gillian - I'd like to post something on our Dukes On The Edge project at some point...
Thanks
Dan

Thanks, Dan :) Would really love to hear about your project when you get the chance!

Well done Gillian - I now have blogs for my three favourite butterflies - well ones that I regularly encounter anyway! I just hope the current atrocious weather abates soon as the Duke season in Hampshire would normally not be far away - I have usually seen my first by around the 20th April but I am not holding my breath this year - have not seen a single butterfly of any species yet :)
Keep up the good work Mark T.

Post a Comment